Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

I have had the itch for awhile to redecorate our master bedroom. After we finally got my poor husband a dresser for the bedroom (his dresser used to be in the guest room because it was too big to fit in our room), the room felt so crowded with furniture, and the dark bedding and curtains that we had (brown, cream, and red) were not helping the situation at all. Don't get me wrong, the things were pretty on their own, but paired with a lot of furniture in a little room it was way too heavy. It just felt so suffocating, and not serene and relaxing like a master bedroom should be.

I really wanted to go to an all white bedroom to help open up the space and add that lightness and brightness that I was looking for. I changed out the dark bed cover for a white matelasse cover and I added a white duvet cover to an existing down comforter that we had. I keep the down comforter folded at the end of the bed which gives the bed a plush inviting look (we pull it up at night to stay nice and cozy).

I traded out the dark valences for long sheer textured panels. Had I been able to find the panels in a longer length I would have moved my curtain rod to right below the ceiling, which is a fabulous trick for making windows seem even larger and rooms even bigger and more open. But, even as it is the windows look so much bigger and more open, and these curtains make a huge impact on the room. Part of this is because I have the rod extending several inches beyond the window on each side. This makes the window look wider than it is.

My lamps were replaced with clear seeded glass lamps and a textured white drum shade that mimics the texture on the curtains. There is nothing like a white lamp shade to add lightness and brightness to a room!


The walls are still empty until I find something I like, but until then I really don't mind. I am so enjoying the fresh clean feeling of the room and I don't want to clutter it up with too much stuff.

The matelasse shams are monogrammed with our initials. I love how southern and classic a monogram is, and the tan thread against the white sham continues the crisp monochromatic color scheme.


Here is a little better look at our new lamps. 


Now is when I get to thank my amazing parents because my mom knew my vision for our bedroom, and as hubby and I's together gift for Christmas they got us the bedding and lamps. Thank you, thank you!

What do you all think of the new bedroom look? I loooooove it! We have a small slipper chair in the corner of our bedroom and sometimes I like to just sit in there and read because it is so relaxing! 


4 comments:

  1. I love it!! So classic and pretty. It is very "you"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I am so happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this light look and those monogrammed shams are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darby! I think the monogram makes it! :)

      Delete