Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Thrifty Threads

A few months ago I posted about wanting to start thrifting (catch up here), but what I really was talking about was furniture and home goods. Thrifting for clothes has never been something I wanted to try. I just feel weird about wearing someone else's old clothes. I would rather buy off of the clearance rack at Target and know that I have something brand new that is just mine.

Fast forward to this past weekend when I was home in MD and my mom and I were having a girls' day. This of course included some shopping for baby girl! My mom wanted to check out a consignment shop that is known for having good stuff, and although I have the weird thing about second hand clothes I do love a good bargain, so I was excited to see what treasures we could find.

Well, we definitely found a treasure...


This Lilly Pulitzer (love her!) dress was $10?!?! You better believe we snatched that thing up before someone else discovered what a treasure was hidden in the racks. It is a 12-18 month which means it will be just perfect for next summer. It is in amazing condition and looks brand new despite there being no original tags on it.

I am not sure I am completely converted to consignment clothes shopping, but for special treasures like this I am totally on board!

2 comments:

  1. Baby girl in pink and green Lily? She is destined to be another little turtle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course! I just had to have this dress! :)

      Delete