Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello, yellow!

A few months ago I came across this picture on Pinterest:

Source: http://thecreativemama.com/simple-spruces/

And so began my love affair with a yellow front door. I couldn't get that door off of my mind...I had to have it! Because our house has hardboard siding it means that it needs to be repainted every so often so that the boards stay in good shape. Well, wouldn't you know it is time for our house to be repainted...hello, yellow!

Today we stopped by Benjamin Moore (this is the paint our painter uses--Hubby and I are not DIYers, especially when it comes to painting a house!) and I think we have decided on our color scheme. I am loving Benjamin Moore's Platinum Gray for the siding and Hawthorne Yellow for the door. The Hawthorne Yellow seems to be the perfect buttery shade that I am looking for. If we are being honest here, I also like that it is one of Benjamin Moore's Spring/Summer 2012 Pottery Barn colors...I am a little obsessed with Pottery Barn. We would do the trim white and the shutters black. I am a classic girl and love that this would still be classic on our colonial style house but the yellow will add a fun modern twist.













Do any of you have or dream of a fun colored front door? What do you think of my paint choices? Once the painting is done (sometime this summer) I will post a before and after pic!

2 comments: