Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Oh, la, la....

...a French braid! I am once again growing my hair out and this has been the most successful attempt so far. I usually get impatient (there's that word again...hmm) and chop it all off when it gets to the weird in betweeny stage. Anyone know about that? It's the worst! Anyway, I think I am about past the weird in betweeny stage and I am still holding strong--no itch to chop it off. I think I am at about the longest my hair as ever been. in. my. life. This is progress. But as usual I am off topic...

Whenever my hair gets long enough I like a french braid as an alternative to the wet pony tail or bun on days that I don't feel like/don't have time to do anything with it. Those days seem to happen pretty often. Whenever we are at the beach I always have my sister in-law braid it for me, but now that I am rocking the long hair I figured I need to know how to do it myself. So, I did what anyone in my generation does when they want to learn something new, I went onto YouTube. I clicked on one of the first videos I found and it was so easy. I mean easy. How have I missed out on this for the last 15 or so years? Here is my braid on my second attempt:

Its a bad phone camera pic, but that's a pretty good braid, right?! Wow, I didn't really realize how long my hair has gotten until I see this picture. Now that I have conquered the braid I want to work up to all of those super cute hairstyles you see pinned on Pinterest. I always think, yeah right who can actually do their hair like that, but now I feel like I can do anything! Haha! No, really. I do. I add the hairstyles I like on Pinterest to my Hair and Accessories board. You can check it out here.

Here is the YouTube video I used if you want a quick and easy tutorial on french braiding your own hair. I think one of her best pieces of advice was when you are just beginning don't use the mirror, just do it by feel.



Happy hairstyling!

No comments:

Post a Comment