Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Zucchini Bundt Bread

I had the grand idea this weekend that I wanted to bake something. In order to keep things on the healthier side I got inspired by this recipe for Honey Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread. Of course when I realized today that I really needed to use up the zucchini I bought I was in no mood for baking, but I powered through and am really happy with the result.

I definitely wouldn't call this a healthy bread since it uses two sticks of butter, but it's slightly healthier than other recipes. You could clean it up even more by substituting some or all of the butter with applesauce or greek yogurt.

Honey Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup honey
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl beat eggs, honey, butter, and vanilla together. Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then beat into wet ingredients. Use a spoon and mix in zucchini and raisins.

Grease a bundt pan and pour in batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes until top is firm and golden brown.


I love using a bundt pan for this bread because it turns out so pretty. It also cuts up into the perfect slices. However, to be honest, the reason I chose a bundt pan is because I did not have the 2 loaf pans or cupcake liners that the original recipe called for. After a little research online I discovered that 1 bundt pan holds the equivalent of 2 loaf pans. Voila...Zucchini Bundt Bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment